VA.gov is a transformative project designed to increase access to VA information, benefits and services for Veterans and affiliated users via a single portal. Together with the United States Digital Service (USDS) and VA stakeholders, Ad Hoc is building VA.gov to:
- Expertly guide Veterans through complex processes with simplicity and empathy using human-centered design
- Efficiently migrate existing VA services to VA.gov without any interruption in service
- Reliably identify and authenticate Veterans and maximize service delivery while facilitating privacy and security of sensitive information
Apply for disability compensation and other benefits for conditions related to your military service.
Apply for VA health care, find out how to access services, and manage your health and benefits online.
Refill your prescriptions and communicate with your health care team.
Apply for and manage benefits that help you pay for college and training programs. Find out how much money you have left to pay for school or training.
Find out if you’re eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) services, get support for your Veteran-owned small business, and access other resources to help build your career skills and find a job.
Apply for monthly pension benefits for wartime Veterans and survivors.
As the family member of a Servicemember or Veteran, find out if you qualify for benefits like health care, VA-backed home loans, life insurance, or money to help pay for college. If you’re caring for a Veteran with disabilities, find out if you can get added support.
Check your disability claim and appeal status.
Veterans can search facilities and VA services.
Answer a series of questions to get customized step-by-step instructions on how to apply for a discharge upgrade or correction.
Learn about education programs and compare benefits by school.
- Digital Service at VA About page for the DSVA, including mission, credo, and join us sections.
- VA.gov Design Building a single unified digital experience for all veterans.
- “Simplifying Veteran-facing Services through VA.gov” From the U.S. Digital Service Fall 2017 Report to Congress